Monday, November 14, 2011

November's Hits and Misses

Knowing the Hits and Misses for November will ultimately keep you up in makeup style and flair.

Hits

Deborah Lippmann's Brick House Nail Lacquer
Honestly, I'd say this is the prettiest shade I've ever encountered; it's very long lasting, plus it gives a nice rich and rustic shimmer - perfect for autumn.


Ben Nye Grande Lumiere Palette
This palette definitely a hit. The colors are well pigmented, and they're unlike any other shadows I've tried on. Not only their color is gorgeous, but it also shimmers in the sunlight.

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Cupcake
I've chosen this as a hit because it's a long laster (but sadly it doesn't taste as great). As usual, it makes my lips shine like crazy especially under the sunlight.

Chanel Pro Lumiere Foundation
 I will definitely not doubt that this is a hit. I love this foundation so much because it blends thoroughly into my skin and it doesn't make my skin oily or greasy, unlike others.



Misses

Prada Candy Eau de Parfum
I've honestly expected better from Prada - I got this as my birthday present (it was on the 25th of last month) and the only thing I could smell was candy, candy, candy. The bad kind. It smelled rather chemical-y and gross.

L'Oreal Star Magnet Nail Polishes
It's funny how most people would think this is the best nail polishes (from magazine ads) but when I applied it on my nails at CVS the other day, it was far from great. I absolutely hated each shade because they were too plastic-y and corny looking.
NYC New York Color Duet Eyeliner
To be honest with you, the only thing I hated about this was that it wasn't outstanding. The color would totally blend into my skin tone and I'd have to apply a thick layer for the color to actually appear.

Wet 'n' Wild Ultimate Match Foundation - $5
Now this foundation, I absolutely detested! Do. Not. Buy. This. After applying it on my face, my face immediately turned oily and greasy, the opposite of Chanel's Pro Lumiere Foundation.



Do you own any of these products and agree, or disagree? Comment below, what is your makeup hit and miss for November?

~✮~Cindy~✮~

4 comments:

  1. Hey! That's sad to hear that Prada's perfume wasn't very good, I would have expected better. The Revlon Lip Butter sounds like it would be perfect! Plus I love the cupcake flavor :)

    -K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! The foundation might have not been for youre skin type if you have normall/oily skin, maybe thats why it didnt work for you. However it might work for someone with dry skin! Great first post though! check out my blog? missbeautylicious101.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you come back to Wordpress, por favor? ;)
    Great post. I toh-tally agree with what I've been seeing up here.♥

    Je t'adore,
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute Cindy! (: I agree on the NYC eyeliner duo...very crappy quality.
    K-❤

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts?